[from the INDEEP mailing list]
Please see email below and documents attached if you have an interest in contributing information to the 2015 UN Global Sustainable Development Report in terms of marine biodiversity. Feel free to pass onto colleagues who may be interested. Note deadline of 30th January 2015.
Please contact Julie Ritz (email@example.com) directly with any queries.
We are currently contacting scientists to gather their interest in contributing to the 2015 Global Sustainable Development Report. See http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/globalsdreport/2015 for further information. In particular, I am contacting you in the hope that you would maybe like to contribute to chapter 3 of the report which deals with the “oceans-marine and coastal biodiversity-poverty eradication nexus” by:
- sending us (links to) relevant scientific assessments, reports and case studies
- supporting us in completing the attached graphic and tables (we welcome comments/suggestions/additions– preferably in track changes mode so that we can easily identify them)
- sending us your own written contributions (with source references) related to the chapter
- reaching out to your scientific networks (using attached call for contributions) and/or give us the names and contact details of scientists that might be interested in contributing.
In order to facilitate your contribution to the chapter, we have compiled the attached draft document (graphic of nexus and three related tables) which calls for specific inputs divided into three parts:
- Scientific coverage of the interlinkages among oceans, marine and coastal biodiversity and poverty eradication;
- Scientific coverage of impact of selected threats on the oceans, marine and coastal biodiversity and poverty eradication nexus;
- Local and regional case studies: Successful examples of addressing nexus in an integrated manner.
All inputs should be sent directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) latest by Friday, 30 January 2015. However, interested contributors are invited to submit relevant documents as soon as possible given the short time frame available to complete the report. Thank you very much.
Kindly also let us know if you would like to take part in the peer review process of the chapter which is currently foreseen to take place in March 2015. The 2015 Global Sustainable Development Report itself is foreseen to be published in June 2015.