You are cordially invited to join the International Conference on Biodiversity, Ecology and Conservation of MarineEcosystems 2015 (BECoME 2015) which will be held in Hong Kong during 1-4 June 2015. For the field of marine science and conservation management, BECoME 2015 aims to:
- To provide a platform for knowledge transfer and idea exchange;
- To foster local, regional and international collaborations in research and development among scientists, environmental consultants, policy makers and governmental officers engaging in the field of marine biodiversity, ecology and conservation;
- To identify knowledge gaps and prioritize emerging research areas in the field;
- To train young scientists and environmental practitioners; and
- To solicit experts advices and share their experience on some of the pressing practical issues in relation to marine biodiversity conservation and fisheries management in the region and beyond.
Attractions of BECoME 2015:
- Affordable registration fees (Full registration USD 130; Student registration USD 65)
- A free post-conference workshop on advances in trophic dynamic studies using stable isotopes
- Conference proceedings to be published in the Elsevier journal, Regional Studies in Marine Science(http://goo.gl/XAnhHV)
- A number of distinguished speakers will share their latest discoveries and insights in the field.
Please visit our website for more details.
We look forward to welcoming you in Hong Kong.
Prof. Kenneth Leung
The Conference will primarily focus on the following nine key areas, which are likely to be important in the coming years:
- Environmental Education
2. Marine Biodiversity and Anthropogenic Impacts (including Biological Invasion)
3. Marine Biodiversity and Climate Change
4. Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
5. Marine Biodiversity and Evolution
6. Marine Biodiversity Data Management
7. Marine Ecosystem Structure and Functions
8. Regional and Global Patterns in Marine Biodiversity
9. Strategies for Biodiversity Conservation in Marine Ecosystems
10. Sustainable Fisheries and Marine Resources Management
Invited Speakers including
Prof. Stuart Bearhop, University of Exeter, UK
Dr. Benny K. K. Chan, Biodiversity Research Center, Academic Sinica, Taiwan
Dr. Suchana Apple Chavanich, Department of Marine Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Prof. Mark J. Costello, Institute of Marine Science, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Prof. Yun-Wei Dong, State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Xiamen University, China
Prof. Emma Johnston, University of New South Wales and Sydney Institute of Marine Science, Australia
Prof. Xinzheng Li, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Dr. Ryuji Machida, Biodiversity Research Center, Academic Sinica, Taiwan
Prof. Brian Morton, The University of Hong Kong, China
Prof. Kwang-Tsao Shao, Biodiversity Research Center, Academic Sinica, Taiwan
Prof. Song Sun, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Prof. Simon Thrush, Institute of Marine Science, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 27 February 2015
Deadline for Early Bird Registration: 31 March 2015
The Conference will be held on the campus of The University of Hong Kong, located at the mid-level of Hong Kong Island.
Please click here (http://www.maps.hku.hk/) for transport details.
US$130 / HK$1,000 for early bird registration on or before 31 March 2015
US$193 / HK$1,500 for registration after 31 March 2015
US$65 / HK$500 for early bird registration on or before 31 March 2015
US$103 / HK$800 for registration after 31 March 2015
Registration fee includes all conference materials, reception, tea and coffee break, and the conference banquet.
Please direct all correspondence to:
The Conference Secretariat
School of Biological Sciences
3N15 Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building
The University of Hong Kong