[from the INDEEP mailing list]
Issue 5 of Deep-Sea Life is awaiting your stories and photos!
I am looking forward to receiving submissions from you in the coming few weeks. Remember you can also submit a photo for our “Photo of the Issue” competition and it will adorn the front page. This could be anything related to deep-sea life – even a photo of the folk in your lab.
Deadline for submission is 30th April in time for May publication. Submissions should be sent to Maria Baker at email@example.com
A few reminders for submission:
- Strict deadline for final submission but we would encourage early submissions to give us time for editing and production
- ~250 words or ~500 words for longer pieces (so they fit nicely onto the page!)- we like short and punchy!
- Font Calibri Body text size 12, Title size 16
- Include relevent photos or graphs or photos of yourself etc.
- Include any relevant web and/or email address for readers to contact you
- Please encourage any students you have to submit text (with photo) for the scientist profile section – it may help them to find a post-doc in future! Feel free to submit your own profile piece too!
Here is a reminder of the sections:
- Hot off the Press (new papers)
- Cruise News
- Project Focus (tell us how you are getting on with on-going project or advertise a new venture)
- News (e.g. from NGOs, industry, policy etc. or anything else)
- Meetings and Workshops
- It’s your opinion
- Scientist Profiles (not just students!)
- Opportunities (cruise berths, jobs, training opportunities, funding options etc.)
- Wanted section – e.g. specimens, equipment, people etc.
We have endeavoured to make the INDEEP and DOSI circulation list as far-reaching as possible but of course we will not have found everyone and so please do circulate this to your colleagues so they can both provide content for the new deep-sea newsletter, and also register interest for INDEEP and or DOSI should they wish to do so.
Once again, we hope to have representation in the newsletter from across the globe so please do contribute.
With kind regards,
Maria, Abi and Eva (DSL Editorial Team)