All members of the Society are invited to our Annual General Meeting (AGM), Wednesday 30 August 2017
This is the most important annual meeting of the Society and will be held in conjunction with CBE6. The purpose of a society AGM is to update members on activities and finances over the last year, provide an overview of plans for the future, hold ballots (e.g. for new officers), present prizes and answer questions from members.
This is also a free social and networking event to meet your fellow deep-sea biology colleagues over a local beer!!
Venue: Lighthouse Room, Holiday Inn Cape Cod, Falmouth MA, USA
Time: 6.30pm – 8.00pm, Wed 30 Aug 2017
The AGM will start promptly at 6.30pm
To help us gauge numbers for catering, please register by Monday 27 Aug at: https://goo.gl/forms/2er7JM4IclmoD2Xk1. If you are not a member of the society, you can join at the event, but you must register.
- President’s report. Updates and future plans on governance, conferences, awards, communications, membership and students.
- Proposal for a Deep-Sea Biology Journal.
- Treasurer’s report.
- Vote on the new constitution.
- Q&A for members.
- Presentation of Paper of the Year award.
- Free social and networking event